Prev: Re: Full Thrust Webring... Next: RE: [ADMIN] Recent spam message

[ADMIN] Recent spam message

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:26:06 +0000
Subject: [ADMIN] Recent spam message

A couple of people have been in touch with me about a message they
received
via the list that was a 'spam' message (i.e. an advert unrelated to the
list content).

If people are going to complain about this *PLEASE*  remember not to use
the 'reply' function of your mailer - that will send your complaint to
the
list itself, which will probably generate more irrelevant traffic than
the
original spam. Instead, send it direct to..

ee99qq@ix.netcom.com

which is the address the message originated from.

As it is, this address is *not* one of the list subscribers and
therefore
shouldn't have been able to post it. I'm looking into the situation. I
hate
to throw stones but we *do* have a couple of subscribers from
ix.netcom.com
on the list.  If they could get in touch with me via private email so I
can
make sure I'm not looking in the wrong place I'd be obliged.

			TTFN
				Jon

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Webring... Next: RE: [ADMIN] Recent spam message