Prev: Re: 0.5 size vehicles Next: Re: Full Thrust Webring...

Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:02:25 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

Jerry Han wrote:

> Two, two, two replies in one!

> >From a different message, but Los wrote:
> > You get a  country like North Korea sitting across the DMZ in a
pretty much no
> > notice assault posture. Of course they're not gonna sign away a
major force
> > multiplier in that circumstance. In any kind of real conevtional
style  war
> > like that wouldn't be smart. Especially if you are the snuffy in
1/507th
> > staring glumly across the DMZ.
>
> Amen.  I was actually thinking of a Canadian Peacekeeper trying to
keep stay
> live while keeping two extremely heavily armed opponenets apart.  Or
any
> situation where there's you, your buddy, and fifty of the bad guys
charging
> at you.
>
> Indiscriminate land mine use is bad; no doubts about that.  But
everytime I
> think of the fact that there are no anti-personal land mines available
in the
> Canadian Armed Forces, I think of the Princess Pats and Kapyong...
>
> J.

TWIMC,
     Indiscriminate land mine use, let me think...
PLO, Kymer rouge (?), African National Congress, IRA, and most any
communist backed Peoples Liberation Army is going to stop using this
weapon or sign a treaty to not to that effect?
     While the ROK army is very good and really mean, the north
has a VERY large army and it is NOT starving to death dispite
what the press is reporting.   If the minefields are removed
from Taiwan and S. Korea those countries will cease to exist in
very short order.

Just an opinion.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: 0.5 size vehicles Next: Re: Full Thrust Webring...