Prev: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: 0.5 size vehicles

Re: Aircraft damage.... in DS2

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:54:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Aircraft damage.... in DS2

Dear Perplexed,

>Aah yes...
>but does not the NOTE at the bottom of the table on pg 29 state that
"the
>"SPECIAL damage chits in the pot...are ALWAYS valid when drawn against
>vehicle targets.."
>
>does this mean that the p42 ruling only applies to ADS ? What if the
VTOL
>(or whatever) is grounded at the time ?

IIRC, the original question was about aerospace fighters. Since the only
things that can fire at aerospace fighters is ZAD and LAD, p42 overrides
p.29. As for VTOLs, I would say that they are simply immobilized.
Remember
that airborne vehicles are already more fragile with their lower armor
values. Immobilized does not necessarily imply that the engines are out.
It simply means that it is not possible (or safe) to move the vehicle.

In a campaign setting, it is entirely up to you to decide what
immobilized
means _after_ the game.

>Perplexed Paul
>----------
>> From: Tony Christney <acc@uvic.ca>
>> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
>> Subject: Re: Aircraft damage.... in DS2
>> Date: Thursday, 19 February 1998 6:41
>>
>> I'm reposting this. It seems some people missed it the first time
>through...
>>
>> >What happens if an aircraft gets a mobility chit? I know that
invalid
>chits
>> >are ignored (0's) but, what about a special chits?
>> >Joe
>>
>> DSII rulebook, p.42, column 2, paragraph 3:
>>
>> ALL chits are valid except Special damage chits, which are ignored.
>>
>> There you go!

>>   Tony Christney
>>   acc@uvic.ca

  Tony Christney
  acc@uvic.ca

Prev: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: 0.5 size vehicles