Prev: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: Ceasefire and Summary (was FT Background)

Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)

From: Brian Bell <Brian.Bell@a...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:21:27 -0700
Subject: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)

>>Another SUGGESTION (rather than a tested rule) is that we increase
combat
>>endurance to 6 turns rather than 3, but add an extra twist: if using
MT
>>fighter movement (ie: before ships), a fighter group that finds itself
too
>>far from its target to attack may take an extra move (maybe 12") after
ship
>>movement, and then attack - but doing so costs it one turn's worth of
>>combat endurance (hence the increase to 6 CE, to give a few to spare).
This
>>may get round some of the criticisms of the MT move sequence, while
>>preserving the reasons we like it. Opinions?

I too, like this. Jon, is it too late to make the FT Fleet Book?

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html

Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb

Prev: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: Ceasefire and Summary (was FT Background)