Prev: Re: Dimension Next: Re: DSII damage chit chart.

Re: DSII damage chit chart.

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:45:43 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII damage chit chart.

At 11:04 AM 2/17/1998 -0700, Seidl wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:36:58 -0800, "Phillip E. Pournelle" writes:
>>At 01:38 PM 2/16/1998 +0000, you wrote:
>>>Hmm, yes okay, but the whole point of the chit drawing system is that
it is
>>>a LOT FASTER to draw say 4 chits than roll 2 dice 4 times and look up
the
>>>result on a table.
>>>
>>>Same probabilities, just a hell of a lot faster with chits.
>>>
>>>Mike Elliott, GZG
>>
>>	My probabilities Professor would greatly disagree with you...
>>
>>Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!
>
>Huh?!?!
>
>I can set up a chart that will exactly mimic the probabilities of a
>chit draw, assuming ideal dice and ideal chips.  Of course, no dice
>are ideal, and no cup shuffle is ideal, but oh well, such is life.

	When you use a set of dice, they have no memory and the odds
never change
for each draw.	However, when I draw a chit the next chit is now being
drawn against a smaller pool (number of chits minus 1 draw 1).	If you
prevent this by dropping each chit back in and shaking each time, you
consume more time than throwing the dice and consulting the chart.  Add
the
clump effect and chits loose their desireability...

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: Dimension Next: Re: DSII damage chit chart.