Prev: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG) Next: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

Re: Superdrone

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:49:21 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Superdrone

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Brian Bell wrote:

> IMHO, fighters are powerfull already. Consider the following in
> compairson to a ship with the same mass:
>   +  Faster (12 vs. 8)

If you're talking about vanilla rules, I beg to disagree. The MAXIMUM
12"
speed is the greatest limit fighters have -- if the opponent so wishes
(and doesn't care about the additional hassle of flying off the board),
he can pretty much ignore fighters by setting initial velocity high
enough.

Sigh... I don't want to get into this again.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG) Next: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles