Prev: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles

Re: DSII Question

From: Brian Bell <Brian.Bell@a...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:20:04 -0700
Subject: Re: DSII Question

> Firstly, on the weekend Paul O'Grady and I were playing a game in
which
> a unt of APCs suffered a dismal bout of Confidence Checks and became
> routed. Whilst running away back to the base line Paul used his
> commander to try to Rally the unit. Here's teh interesting part.
> According to the rules the Rally action on part of the commander uses
up
> the unit being rallied. In this case the attempt failed but the unit
> didn't continue routing but stayed in place?!  Should we have the unit
> continue routing until the attempt is successful in which case it uses
> up the units action; but if the unbit is still in the open and it
> rallies to Broken it should still be moving to cover??  Are we doing
> this right?

I would suggest the following:
  1) Leader must make a Confidence Check. If he succeeds, he may try to
rally his unit.   If not, he is too worried about his own skin
(afterall, he is routed also).
  2) If the rally attempt succeeds, the unit stops.
  3) If the rally attempt fails, the unit continues to withdraw

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

The Full Thrust Ship Registry
http://www.axom.com/bkb/fthome.html

Cygnus Eclipsers' Science Fiction Games Page
http://www.axom.com/bkb

Prev: DSII Question- Obstacles Next: Re: DSII Question- Obstacles