Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

Re: Fighter Jocks.

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 21:58:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Fighter Jocks.

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:39:59 -0800, John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>
wrote:

>     I beg to differ on the comment "The drone won't chicken out.".
>The programming would include a value/loss statement as well as the
>fact that humans do ram high value targets.   The drone would consider
>itself as a high value target and would try to avoid a crash.

But the drone turned away from the fight because it's programming told
it that it was prudent to do so. Humans often turn away from a fight
due to their fears of dying. It's a lot more difficult to get a human
to sacrifice himself or herself than it is to get a piece of machinery
to do so.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes