Prev: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems Next: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)

FT Decals

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:45:47 -0000
Subject: FT Decals

On Thursday, February 12, 1998 11:00 AM, Tony Francis
[SMTP:TONY@simis.co.uk] wrote:

> One of the problems with waterslide decals (I assume this is the
> format that the decals will come in) is that they like to sit on a
> relatively smooth surface. Not many of the CMD FT ships have largeish
> areas that are smooth enough to take decals successfully. Yes, I
> realise that you can use setting solutions / varnish over them
> etc, but eventually they'll probably fall off - especially with the
> amount of handling a wargames miniature gets.

If you apply them to a gloss varnish surface use a softening solution
and then
re-varnish in matt etc. They are as permament as the paint work.

I have a whole load of DS2 vehicles with Evil Empire decals as unit
markings,
mucho handling and no rub-off.

Dry transfer letters are a nightmare to apply to small models like 6mm
tank
turrets, I wasted loads trying to get a decent job, they flake very
easily
 and if you screw up they are buggers to get off cleanly - waterslide
anyday
please.

Plus have you seen the price of Letraset 4-5pt! I think it was about 20
pounds
sterling a sheet.

sincerely
tim jones
--------
Reality is for those who can't cope with Science Fiction.

Prev: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems Next: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)