Prev: Re: Full Thrust Ship Registry Next: Re: Full Thrust Ship Registry

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: National Characteristics?

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 19:45:26 -0800
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: National Characteristics?

Cristobal A. Mera wrote:

> Of course this omits the U.N.S.C. vessels, which is alright since they
> are
> highly classified....but what the heck, i'll let you in on the secret.
> U.N.S.C. ships tend to look dark due to the RAM (Radar Absorbent
Material)
> they are encased in, this also follows the "Blach Helicopter"
tradition.
> As far as armaments go the smaller vessels tend to be highly
specialized
> (the ever popular pulse torp destroyer, uni-directional bean gunboat,
and
> the fleet defense ships as some examples).  Cruisers tend to be more
> powerfull on their front arcs than anywhere else, with the two
following
> ships as classic examples:
>
> Defiant class:
>
> Mass:36
> thrust:6
>
> 4 A-batts forward firing
> 2 B-batts forward firing
> 2 screens
> 2 PDAF's
>
> Vor'cha class:
>
> 1 pulse torp
> 2 A-batts forward firing
> 2 B-batts forward firing
> 2 screens
> 2 PDAF
>
> essentially the same ship with minor alterations.
>
> Capitals on the other hand tend to be multi role ships,  bristling
with
> beam weaponry and full screens, the occational ship having average to
good
> thrust.
>
> Carriers are usually dedicated heavy capitals ( mass 100, 8 fighter
> groups, nothing else)  or small escort caps (mass 38, 3 fighter
groups,1
> PDAF or C-batt).
>
> Now that you know U.N. secrets, don't go divulging them arround,
espcially
> to any bipedal insectoids, green blobs, little grey men, or Elvis
> Impersonators (everybody KNOWS they are really alien agents)	you
might
> see out there.
>
> Cris Mera
> -that wacky, fun loving, gun toting U.N.S.C. guy-

Cris,
     The most closely guarded secret in UNSC is who the Political
Security Officers are who are posted to the ships.
The ships themselves are products of the major powers and are about
as secret as the amount of Toilet paper on the ship.
(and the major powers do not sell the best ships/technology to
UNSC because they do not want the information spread across
the entire universe!)

     The cruisers do not compute!  They seem to have an overabundant
number of weapons for the stated mass.	(My estimate is mass 46-48,
a truly impressive cruiser.)  Unless these are the "Official UNSC"
displacement values.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Ship Registry Next: Re: Full Thrust Ship Registry