Prev: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) Next: Re: Full Thrust Ship Registry

Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 18:52:11 -0800
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

Allan Goodall,
     I have been in contact with: "Honest Johns Used Spaceship Parts"
the owner says you should stop buying the inferior FSE and ESU grav
units for your fighters. Even the used FCT compensators do not cause
the problem you related, and they are on sale this month only.
So act quickly, this is a limited time offer!

     As far as communications is concerned, I feel that the courier
ship exists for a reason, communication.   So I prefer the non-FTL
communication background of 'Traveller".

     Drone fighters can be trusted to always make the same choice
given the (basically) same conditions.	 As a result the drones
win round one big time, and become progressively less effective
as the countermeasures come into play.	 The human fighters
would soon acquire a special fighter that carried ECM or
Weasel sets to force the 'incorrect' choice in the drones
program.
     The drone fighter would be a very, Very, VERY high price
item and the loss of even a single squadron could be a disaster.
(If intersted in the reasoning behind this statement I'll
amplify in a later message if you desire.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) Next: Re: Full Thrust Ship Registry