Prev: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)

Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:12:34 EST
Subject: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout

Are the FTIII playtest rules being discussed available somewhere.  I
seem to
have missed them if they were posted to the list and would love to take
a look
at them.

However, being insufficiently informed in no way disqualifies me from
making a
comment or two :)

As for firing arcs, I've always thought that a system that used the same
twelve points as used for turning would be neat and easy to implement.
battery could swing through say 11-1 or such.  I've used these notations
in a
couple of house rules, etc and it always seemed really easy since you
are
thinking in those terms anyway...

I have a spinal mount beam weapon available in my house rules.	The
mount can
be of variable mass up to a certain percentage of the ships total and
the
damage dice are calculated based on the weapons mass for each range.  I
set it
up to give slightly more dice than an equivalent mass of AA batts, but
the
weapon only fires into the   11-1 arc and your target must be in that
arc both
before and after ships move.  This system has been used by several
players in
our group mostly as a long range support ship which moves slowly behind
the
main fleet advance.  The targeting requirement above makes it very
difficult
to use as a close fighting weapon...

Later

Brian

Prev: Re: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)