Prev: Re: FT in small spaces Next: Re: Body Armor and equipment weight

Re: The wide open road

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 16:35:48 GMT
Subject: Re: The wide open road

On Sat, 07 Feb 1998 23:06:20 +1000, Alan E & Carmel J Brain
<aebrain@dynamite.com.au> wrote:

>It's "Mad Max" in the original. "The Road Warrior" is the US Title for
>it, and most Australians don't know that title.

Nope. _Road Warrior_ was the title of the second Mad Max movie. The
first movie was released as _Mad Max_, in Canada, anyway.

>I belive it was dubbed
>into USA-ian as the Hollywood crowd had problems with Oz Accents.
Wonder
>how they coped with driving on the left?

Yes, it was dubbed. The first movie, anyway. The second and third
weren't.

>BTW from the looks of it, it was shot on the Road from Canberra to
Yass.
>Could be wrong, many Victorians roads look similar.

For the record, except for the heat, I'm told that the film could have
been filmed in parts of Alberta, as well. And to comment on the fact
that you can travel further in Australia than the US, the same is true
of Canada. Our roads are usually 100 kph but no one does that speed.
Mind you, to get out west from Ontario it's sometimes faster to go
through the US because of all the lakes that get in the way.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: FT in small spaces Next: Re: Body Armor and equipment weight