Prev: DS2: GRM Warfare Next: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post

Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity/Laser Air Defense/Artillery

From: Brian Bell <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 21:37:39 -0700
Subject: Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity/Laser Air Defense/Artillery

>	  It would apear that Red is a little more damaging than All.
Therefore, I
> reccomend that for Laser Air Defense batteries and Laser Local Air
Defense
> batteries we double the range and effectively half the damage by
drawing
> making red chits valid.  Therefore, Laser Air Defense batteries would
have
> a range of 72 inches against high mode targets, or course it has the
limit
> of 60 inches against ground targets assuming a curved planet or earth
size...
>	  If we assume that All corresponds to a SG D12 for damage then
Y&R is a
> little less than a D8 and red is a little less than a D6.
>	  GP artillery is supposed to inflict a D8, therefore I
recommend that GP
> rounds, particularly from Ortillery inflict Y&R valid damage.
>	  Phil P.

Good deduction, however, it makes it as powerful as specialized loads.
Current artillery loads do Yellow & Red vs. thier intended target
(infantry for HEF and armor for MAK) but only Yellow against other. I
tried to lower the effectiveness of the GP (general purpose) loads due
to less specialization. That is why I suggested Yellow & Green. The
effect is less than Yellow and Red but more than just Yellow. Straight
Red would also be a good (slightly more powerful) choice.

--
Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com

Prev: DS2: GRM Warfare Next: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post