Prev: Re: Worried about GenCon. Next: Ship names for NAC

Re: Weapon Choices - DSII

From: tanker@b...
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 17:29:07 -0800
Subject: Re: Weapon Choices - DSII

What si so great about DS2 is that there are NO perfect weapons. One
grat
weapon stinks against some other defense or weapon. Unless you know what
your enemy is going to have its best to use a mix of weapon and vehicle
types. Phil's Speeder Bikes are a perfect example. Against a force of
big
gun tanks they eat up armor almost with impunity. Have a few Slam armed
forces and/or large number of smaller gunned Units and life is quite
different for the bikers.

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@best.com

"If I had time...to study war, I think I should concentrate almost
entirely
on the 'actualities of war,' the effects of tiredness, hunger, fear,
lack
of sleep, weather....The principles of strategy and tactics...are
absurdly
simple: it is the actualities that make war so complicated and so
difficult, and are usually neglected by historians."

--FM Archibald Wavell to B.H. Liddell Hart (as quoted in "Frontsoldaten:
The German Soldier in World War Two" by Stephen G. Fritz.)

Prev: Re: Worried about GenCon. Next: Ship names for NAC