Prev: Re: Worried about GenCon. Next: Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery)

Re: SG II House Rules - longish post

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 07:21:34 +1100
Subject: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post

> B: You ahve clearer feild of vision, hearing and sense without the
stuff
> on.

Speaking as an ex motorcycle rider, I can _certainly_ understand that..

> C: It's still pretty heavy. 99% of all warmovies or wargames ignore
the
> fact that you usually had to carry your ass twenty klicks from point A
> to point B BEFORE you get into teh first fight. And
weight=fatigue=lack
> of attention.
> D: That foolish feeling of invincibility that elite forces have.

(chuckle)

<snip>

> worked out immediate action drills that are almost like football
palys,
> that have long been ingrained into muscle memory.  These will be
inacted
> at the moment of contact, sometimes initaited by the leader. those not
> in the kill zone will immediatelya sses the situation and begin
> manuevering to flank the ambush. OR the entire patrol will begin break
> contact drills such as the Australian peel.

Hmm.. for the self trained tacticians among us is there any chance of
giving a thumbnail of what such things as the 'Australian peel'
involve?  It sounds intriguing.. especially as I am from the land of Oz.
:)

--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
http://www.users.fl.net.au/~bcadwgan/homepage.htm

Prev: Re: Worried about GenCon. Next: Re: DS2 Chit Probabillity (was:DSII: Artillery)