Prev: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction

DS2 Chit Probabillity/Laser Air Defense/Artillery

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 16:44:55
Subject: DS2 Chit Probabillity/Laser Air Defense/Artillery

Next do the Expected damage per chit drawn.
G/Y: .3545 Red: .7272 G&Y: .7091 G/Y&R: 1.0818 All: 1.4363

	It would apear that Red is a little more damaging than All.
Therefore, I
reccomend that for Laser Air Defense batteries and Laser Local Air
Defense
batteries we double the range and effectively half the damage by drawing
making red chits valid.  Therefore, Laser Air Defense batteries would
have
a range of 72 inches against high mode targets, or course it has the
limit
of 60 inches against ground targets assuming a curved planet or earth
size...
	If we assume that All corresponds to a SG D12 for damage then
Y&R is a
little less than a D8 and red is a little less than a D6.
	GP artillery is supposed to inflict a D8, therefore I recommend
that GP
rounds, particularly from Ortillery inflict Y&R valid damage.
	Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction