Prev: RE: Unofficial GZG Fiction Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: National Characteristics? AND EFSB question f

Re: Worried about GenCon.

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 22:35:06 -0600
Subject: Re: Worried about GenCon.

Alfredo Lorente wrote:

> Re:  The Demise of GenCon
>
> Well, here, eight hours away from Milwaukee, there is at least one
> (Con of the North), and sometimes two (Twin Con), gaming conventions
> a year, plus Minicon, a Science Fiction and Fantasy writer's
> convention that has a gaming room available.	The Twin Cities are a
> smaller market than Milwaukee, I think.  Perhaps the dominance of T$R
> in your market stunted the development of an idependent gaming
> community in Milwaukee, but I have always thought that the smaller,
> more intimate gaming conventions are more enjoyable, and certainly
> cheaper.

	I'm sorry, but I can't even afford to go to a game con that is
in an
ajoining state.  For me it's Gen Con or nothing, unless something can
replace it locally.

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: RE: Unofficial GZG Fiction Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: National Characteristics? AND EFSB question f