Prev: Re: FT: Extra Fire Control Next: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:17:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Glover, Owen wrote:

>	Massed you have dxd8, 3xd10, 3xd12 vs ONE  d8
>
>	One major consequence of the massed firepower is the chance of
> casualties!!

Er, that'd be 3 seperate rolls to attack vs three seperate d8 defense
rolls, as sequential attacks (as a result of Command Actions); on the
average, with the dice as given, the attackers will inflict /many/ more
casualties than they would had they not all attacked together (because
the
target squad will have skittered away with all speed as quickly as they
could, perhaps removing the opportunity for second and third squads to
fire).

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: Re: FT: Extra Fire Control Next: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post