Prev: Re: Fantasy Partizan @ Newark (UK) Next: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:16:42 +1000
Subject: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

Hi Mike (and thanks to Thomas for the reply - that did put my case
pretty well)

just a footnote

The Group Fire I am proposing is only to cover a few specific instances
where you would have a MASSED firepower, as in a Defensive position or
an ambush. As you have said the Platoon Commander communication pretty
well covers most instances. However in a Platoon Ambush (linear or area)
the impact of the full firepower of two or three squads is not reflected
by two squads firing sequentially. And a little unfairly, the target
squad has to take two Confidence checks if it takes casualties in both
combats (depending on MM)!

Owen G