Prev: RE: Excuse my ignorance.. Next: Re: FT: Excuse my ignorance..

Re: FT: Excuse my ignorance..

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 18:50:29 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Excuse my ignorance..

Joseph Duke wrote:

> I am not all savvy on the Full Thrust acronyms.
> I was reading the Trojan point scenario and do not know what a
> CC, DD, BB, BC, CL, CC etc...are....can someone enlighten me please?
>
> thanks
> Joe

Joseph,
     As I am the one who did the dirty deed, I shall make the
corrections.  These terms are for the most part, WWII U.S. navy
shorthand for the ship classes.  '*' denotes a FT shorthand.
Note: The classes conform to the mass limitations found on
Brian Bells web page.

 CVA=Aircraft Carrier, Attack
 CVL=Aircraft Carrier, Light
 CVE=Aircraft Carrier, Escort (Patrol Carrier fits here)
*SDN=Superdreadnought  Mass 80-89
*DN =Dreadnought       Mass 70-79
*BDN=Battledreadnought Mass 60-69
 BB =Battleship        Mass 45-59
 BC =Battlecuriser     Mass 37-44
 CA =Heavy Cruiser     Mass 31-36
*CM =Medium Cruiser    Mass 27-30
*CE =Escort Cruiser    Mass 23-26
 CL =Light Curiser     Mass 19-22
 DD =Destroyer	       Mass 13-18
*DDL=Destroyer Leader
 DDR=Destroyer, Radar (Improved sensors)
 DE =Destroyer Escort
 FF =Frigate	       Mass 9-12
*CC =Corvette	       Mass 5-8
*SS =Scout (normally submarine) Mass 3/4

Looking forward to comments,
Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: Excuse my ignorance.. Next: Re: FT: Excuse my ignorance..