Prev: Re: Introductions (was: Age and Complexity) Next: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Pmj6@a...
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 16:26:17 EST
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

<<
 I'm generally an advocate of simple solutions (thats why I love GZG
games so
 much), but I don't think this will help. It will just become a case of
dueling
 GMSHs. >>

Unless I misread the rules, ADS is not a GMS/H, but a direct-fire
weapon, and
ADS fire is resolved *before* the VTOL fire.  It would not be a duel any
VTOL
would be very keen to enter into unless it had better ECM than the ADS.
It is
not for nothing that air defense systems are a high-priority targets
even
today.	Once your ground units destroy enemy air defenses, your air
units can
attack with relative impunity.	That's the essence of combined arms
operations.

Regards,
Mike Jasinski
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1966/

Prev: Re: Introductions (was: Age and Complexity) Next: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction