Prev: RE: Overwatch House Rules - author's reply Next: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:10:37 +0000
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

At 18:55 29/01/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Ward Bowman wrote:
>

>>   I would think that HAWK and Patriot are still relatively close to
the
>> forward area.  Things like THAAD (Theater High Altitude Air Defense)
>> would more in the area you are mentioning.
>
>I don't think so.  When I was a 24T (Pat. crewman) at any rate we were
>supposed to be in the "Corp" area.
SNIP
>Patriot is designed for nailing A/C at over 40K range.  If short range
>field artillery is allowed to be off board in DSII then some form of
ADA
>should also be off board.
>
>For that matter, Nike Herc (what Patriot replaced) had a range of over
>100K.
>
>J. Michael Looney
>(former duck hunter for the US Army)

How about something along the lines of the air superiority determination
in
WRGs 1925-50 rules?  Each side spends a number of points to buy a
hoped-for
level of control of the air (Dispute, Obtain and Ensure AS are 3 levels
recall off-hand).  Whenever the opposition has aircraft on table (in
DSII
terms, Aerospace or VTOLs in High mode), the player attempts an
intercept,
modified by their AS level to try a fighter attack on the opposing
aircraft.
For DSII, this could be a FMA opposed roll, and could represent in
abstract
the whole top level air defence umbrella (i.e. interceptors as well as
SAMs
and heavy AA lasers).

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: RE: Overwatch House Rules - author's reply Next: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS