Prev: Who was that masked man? Next: Conquest '98

Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!!

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:06:47 +0000
Subject: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!!

>Ahh, Gamergirls.
>
>Have you noticed how much nicer they smell cpompared to the male
variety? :)

Something to do with NOT believing that soap and water are dangerous
when
mixed, I think........	:)

>Enjoy it Mark, you deserve it after the year you've had.

But do we get an after-action report posted to the list, complete with
full
OOBs and tactical analysis from both sides...?	[Even more :)]

More seriously, I think there are definitely more female gamers around
now
that there used to be; at the shows, we're seeing more ladies buying
stuff
and taking an active interest, rather than looking terminally bored
while
trailing after anorak-clad husband or boyfriend. IMHO this is a very
good
thing for the hobby itself, its public image AND one's olfactory
system....

I personally know (and game with) several female roleplayers, but only
two
female miniatures gamers (one of whom is the delightful Mary Gentle -
author of "Grunts", among other books, rat and orc enthusiast
extraordinaire and truly one of the most vicious playtesters I've ever
met
- Oh, she fights with real swords too...)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Who was that masked man? Next: Conquest '98