Prev: Re: Stargrunt II question Next: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:00:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Agreed, this is a bug that we need to fix. Opinions on how, anyone?
Would
> simply allowing anti-air systems to engage VTOLs if they are in HIGH
mode
> do the trick, or would it be too lethal for the VTOLs for game
balance?

> Player input gratefully received!

Why not allow the anti-air system to be used in two different ways:

1) "sweep mode" -- this is the way the ADS currently works.
The ADS is sweeping the skies for targets, and can defend against
multiple attackers.

2) "targeting mode" -- the ADS can only engage one (or two?) targets per
turn, but the range of the defense is doubled (72").

--
Rick Rutherford
rickr@digex.net

Prev: Re: Stargrunt II question Next: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS