Prev: Re: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt) Next: OK,OK tyhis is how my fleet was made...

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:49:24
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

At 08:00 AM 1/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I played my first DS2 game last Saturday and had a blast! I had a group
>of 4 grav tanks flying over cultivated terrain. My opponet had tracked
>tanks and had to stay	to the roads. I was OK until the Artillery fell.
>:-/
>
>But we did have a quesiton. A VTOL in High mode with GMS/H (range 48")
>can strike any Air Defence Unit without fear of the Air Defence System
>(range 36"). Did we miss something? Are there suggestions on how to
>resolve this?

	Yes the VTOL is immune from the Air Defense System...  His GMSs
are
subject to Air Defense and Point Defense fire.	I reccommend that you
buy
the GMS/air that I posted a while back, or a VTOL with a weapon to
engage
the other VTOL...

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt) Next: OK,OK tyhis is how my fleet was made...