Prev: OT?: Alien Space Next: Re: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt)

Re[2]: Age and Complexity

From: Mike.Elliott@B...
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:18:20 +0000
Subject: Re[2]: Age and Complexity

Hey! Daleks v. humans... sounds good!! Can we see some of your unit data
specs and weapon systems?

Mike Elliott

____________________________
_____
Subject: RE: Age and Complexity
Author:  owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at INTERNET
Date:	 25/01/1998 13:38

I wasn't on the list when this thread first started, but I thought I'd
add
my name to the roster:
Age: 24 (just), co-habitating with partner (ooh - a sin!), one son (1yr
on
the 30th Jan - Happy Birthday Cullen!).
Started playing AD&D and 40K (arghhh!) about 1989, still playing AD&D
(DM
for 8 years), but branched out into Call of Cthulhu and Magic the
Gathering
(is that branching OUT?!?!). I stopped playing 40K after spending more
time
arguing small, pedantic rules than playing the game and having to take
out
a second mortgage to pay for the figures. Also, GW have become too
'cliquey' - "You have to play our games, with our figures and no other"
(it
sounds like it'll become a religious cult!). At our club, we have a lot
of
teenagers who play 40K, and it's difficult to persuade them to play
something else. SGII is very popular at the moment amongst us 'older'
(relatively) gamers. I must say that, although the SGII rules are, in
and
of themselves, quite simple, they can cover any circumstance and thus
are
extremely elegant. At the moment, we are doing a campaign involving
Daleks
Vs. Humans, incorporating almost every time period imaginable. This is
one
of the strengths of SGII: the fact that you can have almost any type of
army and incorporate it.

Prev: OT?: Alien Space Next: Re: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt)