Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Displaying miniatures

From: Winchell Chung <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 21:05:17 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Displaying miniatures

Still unpacking from my not-so-recent move, I was inspired
by the arrival of EFSB and Full Thrust in general to dig
out my old lead miniature starships.

Boy, they were in sorry shape.	But as I fixed them up,
I pondered how to display them.

A quick trip to Ikea got a couple of compartmented shadow
boxes (the kid old biddys hang on the wall to show off
their thimble collection).

Now that I've hung and stocked them, I see I should have
gotten a couple more.

The ships look really  handsome hanging on the wall.
When I get some spare time, I'll spray-paint the
boxes black and spatter some white paint to make a starfield.

I've got some old Zocchi star trek minis, some FASA trek
minis, a few Superior starships, some prized Valiant
ships, the fighters from B5 wars, the Minbari Cruiser
from B5 wars, a few B5 MicroMachines, and some 5" long
plastic models from Japan depicting various warships
from Starship Yamato.

Wish I had more, though.  Who is making miniature
starships nowadays?

I know that Geo-Hex has the Full Thrust line,
and Superior has a web page, B5 Wars will have
minis out under a new manufacturer by late next month,
and Valiant is rumored to be re-issuing their line.

Any others?

      * A B S I T * I N V I D I A * V E R B O ** I D E M * S O N A N S *

-----+
http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/home.html |
nyrath@clark.net |
|  /_\	| Battle no with monsters, lest ye become a monster; and if you
gaze |
| <(*)> | into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

|/_/|\_\|

| //|\\ |

-----+

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity