Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Re: Age and Complexity

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 01:27:55 +0100
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

Brian wrote:

> All right, I'll bite...I was avoiding this thread, but I'm
outnumbered...I
> surrender...

So was/am I. Ah well...

> Have also got into 15mm fantasy (Hordes of the
> Things), am avoiding the temptation to get 'just one more' mini
system.
> (FR!, in my case...)

Stop avoiding it, but wait 'til the next edition of FR! comes out
(shouldn't be too long now, though). You can use all your HotT units for
FR!, but since all 15mm FR! units should be based on 40*40 mm bases you
may
want to stick temporary FR! bases under the HotT elements. That's what I
do
<g>

And yes, FR! is better than HotT. Similar, but better.

And now for myself: 25 years old, no SO, no kids, no pets (lead
elephants
and dragons don't count, do they?). Started playing the local RPG (which
has now evolved into Chronopia) some 13 years ago; that lead to tin
soldiers, which in turn lead to WRG 7th edition, which lead to wargaming
in
general - preferrably pre-1500 or SF. Somewhere along the line I picked
up
Starfire and Full Thrust, with known results. I firmly believe in the
old
saying "when you run out of unpainted lead, you die". Therefore I'm
somewhat of a squirrel - especially when it comes to starship models...

Nowadays I play Starfire, Full Thrust, DBM, FR!, Epic40K and DSII; none
of
them as often as I'd like to. The main reason I don't have time to play
is
that I'm glued to a computer writing mails like this one :-/ Being a
Starfire developer doesn't help either - but it does provide me with a
never-ending stream of new situations to battle out!

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity