Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity

RE: Age and Complexity

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 09:47:42 -0800
Subject: RE: Age and Complexity

Well here's my stats:

29 years old. 1 Goddaughter (1 year old), 1 Aussie Shepard/ Irish Setter
Mix (11 years old (that's 77 to you and me...)). Committed relationship
involving co-habitation, sliding inexorably towards marriage :) Great,
fun woman who I can occasionally drag into playtesting various homebrew
systems and or FT but who only really likes playing in my C'o'Cthulhu
games. Old buddies in my gaming group (we've been gaming together for 15
years, yikes !) we play Spelljammer, the occasional FT, D2 once in a
while, and my very infrequent C'o'C games.

I started out buying mini's (Superior's Starfleet Wars, MAATAC and
RAATAC mostly...) at a local store in SoCal around age 9 or 10 and
recieved both the First Starter Edition of D&D (bloo book) and AH
Tactics II for Xmas in '80 or so.... Thus guaranteeing my schitzoid
development as a gamer. I've worked in both the retail and development
parts of the hobby professionally and semi professionally, managing game
stores and promoting games by building 3-d gaming environments.

Too much lead, no time to paint, too many eclectic interests (both real
life and gaming) but the few games I make time for are GZG 'cause
they're quick and fun, fun, fun. Working the hours I work requires that
the games I choose be as fun and accessible as possible and GZG fits the
bill perfectly.

I find the demographics of the list quite interesting. And have to note
that some of the nicest most helpful and generally tolerant folks I've
seen reside here on the GZG list.the flames are few, the topics are
generally interesting, and the willingness to provide a clear, honest
opinion is outstanding. We are all mature adults (not necessarily
is the only real gaming resource I actively monitor. Worthwhile folks,
engaging in stimulating discussion, hey sounds great to me !

Gene

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity