Prev: Helltankdestroyer Next: Re: Complexity/Campaigns

Re: Complexity/Campaigns

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:56:54 -0800
Subject: Re: Complexity/Campaigns

Winchell Chung wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Donald Hosford wrote:
>
> > My first wargame was Metagaming's Warpwar.	Very simple, easy to
modify.
> > I still like that game after all these years.
>
>	  A nice game.	My only gripe was the
>	  diceless combat system.
>	  (I did the artwork for that game, by the way...)

COOOOOLL Artwork Dude!	I have tried a couple of times to "dice it".
With a little success.

> > On the Triplanetary front, Steve Jackson bought the rights to it a
while
> > back.  On his webpage, he says he wants to come out with a NEW
version,
> > including new rules, more scenarios, ect.  It is on the back burner
for
> > now.
>
>	  I know! I know!  I wish it would get *off* the back
>	  burner.  The game is a classic, and deserves more
>	  recognition.	Even the counters were cool!

Maybe if we gamers pestered him enough, he will move it to a front
burner...   I got a look at a friend's copy.  It did look cool!

-----+
http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/home.html |
nyrath@clark.net |
> |  /_\  | "No no no," the Motie said immediately. "On Mote Prime
they've     |
> | <(*)> | blasted themselves back to the invention of the brick."
      |
> |/_/|\_\|
      |
> | //|\\ |

-----+

Donald Hosford

Prev: Helltankdestroyer Next: Re: Complexity/Campaigns