Prev: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Re[2]: Stargrunt II question - Linear cover

Re: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt)

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:43:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt)

>The problem is that scale is about 28mm ('O' scale for train people),
>not the 20-25mm that Stargrunt II is intended for.  That might not seem
>like a big difference, but I think the 'official' Stargrunt minis are
>closer to 1/72 scale than 1/54 (25mm), and most of my minis are 1/43.
>
>The upshot of all this is that with such large miniatures, a range band
>of 6" for Green troops is going to result in troops that are almost
>standing next to each other who can't hit each other.

I use the Grenadier Future warrior range and I find them slightly larger
than the true 25mm figs but smaller than GW figs.  In that respect the
distoted ground scale (1"=10m), is not too much of a problem as at 6"
even
greens will hit or suppress the target so it shouldn't be too much of a
problem.  I find the figures not too bad on table, unless you are using
the
newer GW stuff which IS huge.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt) Next: Re: Re[2]: Stargrunt II question - Linear cover