Prev: 6mm Infantry Next: Re: B5 Spoilers ? (Was Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's)

Re: Complexity/Campaigns

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:24:58 -0800
Subject: Re: Complexity/Campaigns

Winchell Chung wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Imre A. Szabo wrote:
>
> > Everything you want has already been done in a MetaGaming classic
still
> > available from Avalon Hill called "Stellar Conquest."
>
>	  *Sigh* Memories, ah, memories!
>
>	  Stellar Conquest was my *first* SF boardgame, back in
>	  1972.  It came in a manila envelope.	It is still
>	  a classic.

My first wargame was Metagaming's Warpwar.  Very simple, easy to modify.
I still like that game after all these years.

>	  It was the inspiration for several computer games,
>	  most notably Reach For The Stars and Master of Orion.
>
>	  My other most favorite game from the period is
>	  the classic TRIPLANETARY, with newtonian vector
>	  movement by drawing vectors on the hex grid
>	  with an erasable china-writer pencil.
>
>	  Many people have tried to combine the two.

On the Triplanetary front, Steve Jackson bought the rights to it a while
back.  On his webpage, he says he wants to come out with a NEW version,
including new rules, more scenarios, ect.  It is on the back burner for
now.

-----+
http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/home.html |
nyrath@clark.net |
> |  /_\  | Death before dishonor, but neither before breakfast.
      |
> | <(*)> |
      |
> |/_/|\_\|
      |
> | //|\\ |

-----+

Donald Hosford

Prev: 6mm Infantry Next: Re: B5 Spoilers ? (Was Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's)