Prev: Re: Complexity/Campaigns Next: Re: Star Blazers [Re: EFSB]

Re: Complexity/Campaigns

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 00:55:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Complexity/Campaigns

At 10:42 PM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Everything you want has already been done in a MetaGaming classic still
>available from Avalon Hill called "Stellar Conquest."	Its generic.  No
>attempt what so ever at any background.  Turns go fairly fast.  Every
>fourth turn is an economic/population growth phase.  The rules will
need
>to be modified slightly to fit Full Thrust, and you should be able to
>integrate Dirt Side without too much trouble.

Unfortunately, Stellar Conquest, being a "MetaGaming Classic", is
probably
only slightly easier to come by than a Pterodactyl skin Stradivarius
signed
by Elvis.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that FT list newcomer(?)
Winchell Chung, the man who designed the grim visage of the most
fearsome
fighting machine of the 21st Century yet still found time to maintain a
pretty spiffy 3d Starmap page (you guys looking for realism in your
space
campaigns could do a lot worse than visiting
http://www.clark.net/pub/nyrath/starmap.html), had written an article
for
General on the game.  What I was able to find on http://grognard.com/
didn't tell me much.  Does anyone have a lead on how to get a look at
this
system?

Take care,

Tre

Prev: Re: Complexity/Campaigns Next: Re: Star Blazers [Re: EFSB]