Prev: Re: starship minis for sale Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Re: Age and Complexity

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:17:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

Alfredo Lorente wrote:
> Am I the exception?  Should I get a couple kids to better match the
> average GZG gamer profile?

Well, if you can get 'em cheap, it might be a good idea.  I haven't
seen any for sale on the net, but maybe you could try one of the
discount mail order places.  Sounds like a few kids to go with
your other miniatures might work well together.  On the other hand,
you'd have to share your toys.

I can't remember if GW makes any kids that might be usable with your
other miniatures, but I wouldn't suggest getting any from them.  I
think they're all part of the Chaos line, though there may be some
rug rats in their Skaven.  (Mine sometimes act like Orks.)

GZG's kids are generic, so they don't necessarily fit any preconceived
notions of what kids should be.  They're also have more realistic
child-like proportions.  If you're going to do any low-tech
games, try to find some kids made for a fantasy line.  Really good
kids are definitely fantasy.

Please remember that kids will change in scale the longer you keep
them.  Mine were probably the right scale for GZG's space ships early
on, were inline with 1/300 soon after.	By the time they were delivered,
actually, they were way too big to use with 25mm games.  I wanted to
send them back, but my wife, who normally has only a minimal interest
in miniatures, wanted to keep 'em.  I still haven't primed or painted
them, but their color seems to be a blend of the colors used on my
wife and myself, and seems appropriate, so I just leave them as is.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: starship minis for sale Next: Re: Age and Complexity