Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity

RE: B5W mini's AND EFSB AND (about) B5 spoilers?

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:12:38 -0600
Subject: RE: B5W mini's AND EFSB AND (about) B5 spoilers?

>If people are looking for B5 micro machines I have a number of unopened
>packages I picked up in the States.  I live just out of Toronto if
>anybody is interested.
>David Best

>>Yes, as I recall you got the last of mine (grin). I want the b5W minis
just
>>because I didn't get many Micromachines to begin with.
>>
>>Scott Jaqua
The 'last' to which Scott refers was the Marie Celeste transport. While
good targets make for more interesting scenarios, you still need the
warships. The first four B5 MM sets are mostly transports and fighters,
except for the Vorlon cruiser and Minbarr Sharlin(sp?). And you
shouldn't
need too many of those in a battle. ;->=

Unfortunately, while Galoob seems to be dumping the first four, the last
two with the two Narn warships are much rarer, apparently in a smaller
run
and shipped only combined with other product runs.

Should someone be lucky enough to find a cache of #5 and #6, I would
swap a
set of #1 through #4 for a pair of the former with someone in the US(I'd
consider further out, but shipping starts to rear ugly head).

Also, Mark S. said-
>Speaking for myself, I'm not yet willing to drop B5W just yet.

If memory serves well, you were in the playtest group, right? Hook 'em,
and
they stay forever. ;->=

Just teasing, as I found your comments very appropriate. I would also
like
to point out to those who find the fighter attention too detailed, that,
given the amount of show time devoted to characters-in-fighters, it's
certainly understandable.

Though, more than is appropriate for the fodder they actually are, of
course. ;->=

As for whether this group is too biased for a fair comparing of B5 mini
games, an idea for a balancing view would be to see how SFB players like
B5W. Course, there was once a SFB tabletop set of rules, but I never saw
them used much.

Finally, Alun said-
>Try to keep in mind that we're not all in the US.
>Here in the UK, season 4 only just finished before Christmas.
>I think there are some parts of the world still on season 3.

Likewise, not all those in the US have pulled the tape out of the VCR to
watch the show. Yes, the excitement is almost more than you can bear,
and
you MUST share your feelings... Pause a second to try a little
consideration. First, warnings in the topic for spoilers, second
'spoiler
space' at the top of your post, and lastly, try to keep the comments
related to gaming possibilities.

I forget: do my 46 years put me in the range of the elders of this
group?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity