Prev: Stargrunt II question Next: Age and Complexity

Re: EFSB

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:03:45 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: EFSB

>>For the sake of those of us not flush enough to buy both, could you
give a
>>rundown of how B5 Wars works? I've yet to meet anyone who owns, let
alone
>>plays it....

Well, I don't mind the game and in some ways I prefer it over EFSB
rules.
Don't get wrong, I love Jon's rules and I'll be playing with them a
helluva
lot, but i think that B5Wars is good in its own way.

When I want a more detailed battle with few ships, I play B5Wars.
Sometimes
its fun working out how much power you've got where, how to use it and
why.
I like the level of detail, although the detail on the fighter sheets is
bit too much for my tastes.  All in all I like the game, but I only use
it
for smaller battles of only one or two ships per side.	Any more and it
just
gets bogged down.  I also don't think its too cumbersome as once you get
know the rules, its really quite easy.

But I love the EFSB rules as they are very similar to my personal
favourite
Full Thrust.  The only gripe is the lack of detail on the weapons and
the
use of Energy Mines.  With only Pulse Batteries, Beam Systems, EMP Guns
and
Energy Mines, I like the higher level of detail on the weapons listed
for
the ships in B5Wars.  And I think that while nice and dangerous like
they
should be, the range of the Energy Mines in EFSB is a little too short,
but
that's just my view from what I've seen in the show.  But I must say
that I
love the VMS rules is EFSB and the game is simple and easy to learn.

-Kelvin.....

	      "If I could just say a few words,
	       I'd be a better public speaker."
			-Homer Simpson
	    email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Stargrunt II question Next: Age and Complexity