Prev: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98 Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98

Re: Naval battles

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:14:22 -0600
Subject: Re: Naval battles

At least off topic you can sink teeth into... ;->=

While an accepted simplicity difficult to get around in a game with the
'granularity' of FT II, the generic fire control might better be
represented by an FC suite, with things like number of targets handled,
with decreasing effectiveness the more you take on, effectiveness at
various ranges, different susceptiblity to ECM and damage, varying blind
spots. It might be fun to create FC's with particular flavor to
particular
navies/races.

Then you'd want to have different 'guns', some with longer ranges, some
with increased 'close-in' punch. Then you'd vary screens and armor...

Er, ah, nevermind...

Still, I think this site DOES go a long way in suggesting new ways at
looking at the capabilities of ships.

The_Beast

P.S. Concerning using NETSCAPE to pick up a background, V3x on Win '95
allows clicking with right button to pick up 'Set as Wallpaper'. Dunno
about other versions, MAC's, or the dreaded Communicator.

ngilsena@mail.indigo.ie on 01/18/98 03:11:14 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)
Subject:  Naval battles

A little off topic but...
I just thought I'd mention a page I found out on the web that has
some interesting information on the Pacific naval conflict in WW2.
It has a focus on the Japanese navy.
http://www.skypoint.com/members/jbp/kaigun.htm
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98 Next: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98