Prev: Re: DS II 6mm Infantry Figures-whoops! Next: Dragon Twins - New Kyoto Blockade

[Mostly Off Topic] Terrier of Tindalos (Was: GZG - East Coast Convention...)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:37:09 GMT
Subject: [Mostly Off Topic] Terrier of Tindalos (Was: GZG - East Coast Convention...)

On Sun, 18 Jan 98 11:15:14 -0600, Kevin Walker <sage@millcomm.com>
wrote:

>Love the names Allan, showing a real sense of humor and class there.
>Unless that is... he/she/it shows mild cthulhuian characteristics
during
>weird phases of astronomical conjunctions.

Okay, one quick off topic message as a number of people commented on
our dog's name and nickname.

Yes, he is named after HP Lovecraft's fictional town in the Cthulhu
mythos. My wife and I play Call of Cthulhu (and the Cthulhupunk and
Delta Green variants) quite often. The name just kind of fit for a
schnauzer.

The nickname comes from a game of Mythos, a CCG. A friend of mine
played a "Hound of Tindalos" event card (nasty monster, are the
Hounds), effectively killing one of my Ally cards. While this
happened, Arkham reached up towards Peter's cards--which were at the
edge of the table--and stole one of his Ally cards. We hunted him down
(carefully, so he didn't think it was a game) and recovered the card,
untouched and completely dry. Ever since, he's been called the Terrier
of Tindalos.

Now for an on topic discussion bit. I have a lot of the RAFM Call of
Cthulhu miniatures. One of my many projects is to use them in a
miniatures game. Does anyone have any idea of how they could be used
with Stargrunt?

I've got ideas for using them with skirmish games, but Stargrunt isn't
really a skirmish game. Does anyone have any skirmish conversions for
Stargrunt? I love the basic mechanics and I'd like to see how the FMA
system would adapt to a true skirmish scale.

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: DS II 6mm Infantry Figures-whoops! Next: Dragon Twins - New Kyoto Blockade