Prev: Allan & Dogs [VERY OFF-TOPIC] was: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention Next: Re: DS II Figures

Re: Systems

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:38:32 -0800
Subject: Re: Systems

Thomas Corcoran wrote:

> Donald Hosford wrote:
> >
> > One thing I have FINALLY noticed, is in the More Thrust book.  There
> > is somethings missing!  I haven't gotten around to studying those
ship
> > diagrams until now...
> >
> > On page 23, the ship diagrams,
> >   What is the circle with the black triangle supposed to represent?
> >   It is found in the Strikeboat, and the Lancer.
> >   The other symbol is found on the Privateer and Needle Cruiser
ships.
> > It looks like a filled in circle with a black line sticking out.
> >
> > Suggestion:  In ALL future versions of the game, please provide a
> > "Master Symbol Chart" That listed every symbol ever used.
>
> The circle and triangle combo is a Submunitions Pack.
> The filled circle with the line is a Needle Beam.
>
> Both weapons are facing specific and should point toward the proper
> firing arc.
>
> The symbols appear on page 30 of FT under Advanced Ship Design.
>
> Someone generated a master symbol list a while back and put it on a
> website, but I don't remember the URL.  Hopefully someone on the list
> has a copy.  (I use a CAD prog to draw my ships and haven't done all
the
> symbols, yet.)

Thanks all who commented.  I have seen my error  (In my furious
flipping, a small table -- like on page 30 -- can blur past without
being seen...)

Gosh that was a fast response!	I only posted the question an HOUR ago,
and here are three answers!  I love this list!

Donald Hosford

Prev: Allan & Dogs [VERY OFF-TOPIC] was: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention Next: Re: DS II Figures