Prev: Re: Computer Full Thrust Next: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention - Prereg starts Jan 20th

Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:39:40 GMT
Subject: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998 00:43:19 -0600, "I had no idea that Jay Leno's
chin had such magical powers." <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

>	I've just finished an update to the UFTWWWP.  Instead of
rambling off a
>list of what's new, I think you all should just drop down and see what
>I've done yourselves.

Looks good, Mark. A very nice, clean design. It looks MUCH nicer than
your old pages, and they weren't too bad themselves.

Two things to check. First, the headings on each subsidiary page are
cut off at the top. That is the Computer Files heading is missing the
top three-quarters when the page is first loaded. When I highlight the
text by dragging, it shows up with no problem. Now, this may NOT be a
problem with your page. I just got a new computer and it came
preloaded with Internet Explorer 4. IE4 may be the culprit.

Second, I checked out your source code and you have the headings
listed as Liquid Crystal. I presume that is the liquid crystal display
font that looks a lot like the type face used on Full Thrust and More
Thrust. Because I don't have that font on my machine, the page
headings come out in a plain, italicized serif font. Unless you make
the headings graphics, most people won't see them as you intended.
Mind you, the default font is clean enough that the page looks just
fine in a regular old font.

By the way, where did you get that background? It's one of the BEST
starfields I've ever seen on a web page.

Nice work!

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Computer Full Thrust Next: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention - Prereg starts Jan 20th