Prev: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention - Prereg starts Jan 20th Next: Re: FTGZG mailing list

Re: Adapting VOTOMS to DirtSide II

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 22:04:46 -0600
Subject: Re: Adapting VOTOMS to DirtSide II

At 12:06 1/15/98, Aaron P Teske wrote:
>Or that big-*ss shoulder-mount weapon that one guy uses on Chirico in
>the first episode.... <grin>  (For the uninitiated, he missed, and
>burned through about a dozen 'levels' of an asteroid base... clear
>through to space, and just *slightly* overkill on an AT....)

One wonders exactly who authorized that for internal defense anyway. :P

>Not to mention, some of those ATs (like the Red Shoulder Special) just
>mount an *obscene* amount of weaponry... not sure whether one should
try
>& fit it in, or just ignore it, except maybe for scenarios....

I've been wondering about this in a slightly differnt context: Renegade
Legion Centurion looks like a obvious for conversion to DSII, but each
tank
(even the APCs) mount at least twice the weapons allowed in
DSII.....suggestions?

>Now, over on the Heavy Gear mailing list we've been trying to convince
>Dream Pod 9 to get someone to carve out some 1/285 scale Gears.  Given
>how much VOTOMs influenced Heavy Gear, *those* would be perfectly
usable
>as ATs... but they've been quite resistant to the idea so far. <sigh>

Put my vote in too! If they produced them in 1/285, I might be able to
actually afford putting together a Gear platoon. :P

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: GZG - East Coast Convention - Prereg starts Jan 20th Next: Re: FTGZG mailing list