Prev: Re: Laserburn Minis Next: Re: Laserburn Minis

Re: Naval Intelligence

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:18:21 +1000
Subject: Re: Naval Intelligence

Samuel Penn wrote:

> In message
<c=US%a=_%p=ORGANIZATION%l=FETC2-980113155128Z-48619@server-eustis.army.
mil>
>	    "Haun, Gilles - SSG" <haung@eustis.army.mil> wrote:
>
> > The following dialogue was released by the Chief of Naval Operations
> > in 1995.
>
> [snip]
>
> Hmm, isn't chinese whispers fun? I saw this several months
> ago, but in a somewhat modified form. You would have thought
> electronic propogation would keep thngs consistant...
>
> (it sounds like this one has been slightly exagerated - it
> was a single battleship first time around :) ).

It's a case of people "merely adding corroborative detail to add an air
of verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative."

As I said, I traced it back to the days of Morse, before TBS!
 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Laserburn Minis Next: Re: Laserburn Minis