Prev: Re: Full Thrust/Traveller Conversion Next: Mailing List?

RE: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants (Minor spoiler)

From: "ROBERTSON,Brendan" <Brendan.ROBERTSON@E...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:11:50 +1100
Subject: RE: Help! - EFSB Rule Variants (Minor spoiler)

The stats for the whitestar & shadow vessels have been reworked quite a
bit since my original posting, so here are the updated stats (after
finding out more information about shadow vessels particularly, I don't
have access to S4 yet).
One note about the advanced grav drives - if you don't like the idea of
using Kra'vak style movement, then give ships with these drives the
ability to change between FT & newtonian movement if the facing &
headings match.
I've given the Old One races Kra'vak style armour to simulate the amount
of punishment they can take, it acts as both a screen of the appropriate
level & reduces all beam fire by 1 point per die for each level of
armour.  Cost: 25pts/level

White Star (345 pts)
Mass: 36 (cruiser costs)
Hits: 18; 6/6/6
Advanced Grav Drives: 4 (thrust 8 Kra'vak)
Jump Drive
Vorlon Learning Skin (armour-1)
Minbari Beam Battery: 1 (F)
Beam Capacitor: 6
3 Pulse-2 batteries (F)
Plasmanet (tractor beam)

The Pulse-2 batteries can be changed for 2 Minbari beam batteries if you
think it should only have 1 antiship weapon.  I have never seen it fire
it's pulse weapons at anything larger than a shadow scout (mass 1 at
most) so I usually use the antifighter capabilities of MBWs.

Small Shadow vessel (525 points)
Mass: 40
Hits: 20;5/5/5/5
Level 2 armour
Advanced Grav Drives: 4 (thrust 8 Kra'vak)
Jump Drive (slip drive)
Shadow slice'n'dice beam weapon: 1 (F)
Shadow beam capacitor: 18 (recharge 2d3+2)

Large Shadow vessel (985 points)
Mass: 80
Hits: 40;10/10/10/10
Level 2 armour
Advanced Grav Drives: 3 (thrust 6 Kra'vak)
Jump Drive (slip drive)
Shadow slice'n'dice beam weapon: 1 (F)
Shadow beam capacitor: 18 (recharge 2d3+2)
Shadow fighters: 4 squadrons (MT Heavies)
Shadow Launch bay: 1 (fires group 10 MU forward)
Jump Gate Collapser (5 mass/200pts)

'Neath Southern Skies
Ortillery, rich man's artillery.