Prev: Re: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII) Next: Re: New Superior Models Land and Space Combat Miniatures

Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:56:45 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins

TEHughes wrote:

> << I like the justification for the scenario.  It's plausible and
provides
>  a good excuse for a meeting engagement.
>
>  A couple of commnets, though.  Where are a bunch of outer colony
worlds
>  going to get hold of a specialized battle platform like a wave
cruiser?
>  I can't see any of the major powers letting one go without disarming
it,
>  and even if they did find one somewhere, how would they get the
>  expertise to maintain it?
>   >>
> real simple --
>
> In the Civil War, the southerern sympathesizers were the buereaucrats
who the
> sent major amounts of military supplies south untill the war actually
started
> (stories are that it didn't stop until well after the war started.) A
few good
> men & women in the personnel and supply branches would let you start
out
> remarkable well armed and staffed - at least for the first engagement
or so!

> Tom Hughes

That's true, but if you look at present day attempts to get hold of
cutting edge technology by Third World countries it's just not that
easy.  Even when they get the stuff they often can't get/keep it
running.

However, I see your point.  The British built some of the most powerful
ocean-going ironclads in the world for Brazil and Chile last century,
and then had to deal with some of them when they went rogue.

Prev: Re: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII) Next: Re: New Superior Models Land and Space Combat Miniatures