Prev: Re: Strategic Full Thrust Next: Re: DSII - Freefall bombs

Re: Strategic Full Thrust

From: Drew M Losos <losos@e...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:59:02 -0500
Subject: Re: Strategic Full Thrust

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Jonathan Jarrard wrote:

> Imperial Starfire (from Task Force Games) has a very sophisticated set
> of campaign rules and a nifty abstract system for dealing with
planetary
> invasions and occupations.  Those who have access might want to check
it
> out.

It'd be great if you didn't need "Intel inside" stamped on your forehead
in order to keep track of all the record-keeping necessary.  "Very
sophisticated" is an understatement.  That and the fact that the system
generation is highly impractical and results in the most messed-up maps
you can imagine. . .  I suppose you don't have to use that part of the
game: just make up a predetermined setting.

I have tried to play some games of Imperial Starfire, and it has taken
literally days to make any progress whatsoever.  The mountain of
paperwork
you end up with makes a nice souvenir, but also makes you wonder if it's
really worth the headache.

Cheers!

Prev: Re: Strategic Full Thrust Next: Re: DSII - Freefall bombs