Prev: Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins Next: Re: Strategic Full Thrust

Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:07:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

Brian wrote:

> > A question: what would the transforming cababilities of the SDF
Macross
> > cost? And what effect would they have? If within 1" of an enemy,
could the
> > humanoid form of the ship attempt a 'boot to the head' maneuver? :)
> >
> Someone posted rules for convertable fighters long ago.
> Unfortunatly, I did not save them. So here is my memory
> impaired rememberance of the rules:
>
> SDF Fighters:
> Fighter Mode: As Intercepter
> Guardian Mode: 8" Movement. Otherwise standard fighter
> Battleoid Mode: 4" Movement. 360 degree arc of fire as
> standard fighter.  If in base to
>    base contact with a ship, it may make a special
> attack.
>
> Each fighter group must note what mode it will be in
> during that turn. All fighter in a group must be in the
> same mode. If they change modes, they are at -1 when
> they fire.
>
> Fighters in Battleoid mode that touch bases with a ship
> may land on that ship. While on the ship, they may
> attack the ship as an Attack Fighter (even if the ship
> is screened). Also they are attacked as if they are
> Heavy Fighters. Also, any attack that misses them will
> do 1 point of damage to the ship they are on.
>
> I forgot what the cost was. About  18 points per fighter
> group.
>
> Zentroni Battlepods: As Heavy Fighters
> Zentoni Femaile Battle Armor: As Intercepters. If in
> base to base contact with a ship, it may
>    attack the ship as a standard fighter.
>
> --
> Brian Bell
> pdga6560@csi.com
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

If you were going to use these rules, I would assume that friendly
battloids could land on the capital ship to help defend it w/o risking
damage to it?

Also, would PDAFs continue to affect landed battloids on subsequent
turns, or only on the turn they land?

Prev: Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins Next: Re: Strategic Full Thrust