Prev: RE: DSII - Freefall bombs Next: RE: DSII - Freefall bombs

Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 01:05:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

At 02:56 PM 1/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>> A question: what would the transforming cababilities of the SDF
Macross
>> cost? And what effect would they have? If within 1" of an enemy,
could the
>> humanoid form of the ship attempt a 'boot to the head' maneuver? :)
>>
>Someone posted rules for convertable fighters long ago.
>Unfortunatly, I did not save them. So here is my memory
>impaired rememberance of the rules:
>
>SDF Fighters:
>Fighter Mode: As Intercepter
>Guardian Mode: 8" Movement. Otherwise standard fighter
>Battleoid Mode: 4" Movement. 360 degree arc of fire as
>standard fighter.  If in base to
>   base contact with a ship, it may make a special
>attack.
>
>Each fighter group must note what mode it will be in
>during that turn. All fighter in a group must be in the
>same mode. If they change modes, they are at -1 when
>they fire.
>
>Fighters in Battleoid mode that touch bases with a ship
>may land on that ship. While on the ship, they may
>attack the ship as an Attack Fighter (even if the ship
>is screened). Also they are attacked as if they are
>Heavy Fighters. Also, any attack that misses them will
>do 1 point of damage to the ship they are on.
>
>I forgot what the cost was. About  18 points per fighter
>group.

That may have been me; my Robotech rules were:

Mecha rules:

Fighters, ADAF, PDAF, and C batteries (operating in PD mode) can target
Mecha exactly as per standard fighters.  Command Armor gives Mecha the
same
advantages as Heavy Fighters.

Transforming:
Switching from one form to another takes 1 turn, during which the mech
has
a maximum speed of 10.	While transforming, mecha cannot attack,
although
they can defend if attacked as per the rules for fighters attacked with
spent endurance (MT 11): on a roll of 1-2, they suffer the attack from
the
enemy but may not return fire at all, 3-4 they manage to evade the enemy
and continue on course, 5-6 they may engage in dogfighting as normal.
	Transformable mecha have three forms in which to chose from:

	Fighter Mode: In this form, the mech looks like an advanced
fighter plane,
and behaves exactly as per standard fighters (FT 16-17).

	Guardian Mode:	Halfway between Fighter and Battloid modes, the
Guardian
gains the speed of the fighter with the agility of the Battloid to give
the
group the abilities of an interceptor group.  Movement speed is 10.

	Battloid Mode:	The traditional humanoid robot form, Battloid
Mode gives
the group the ability to behave as if they had an Ace.	While in
Battloid
mode, movement is slowed to 8 instead of 12, but otherwise the group
behaves as if they were in standard fighters.
	While in this mode, Battloids can engage in boarding party
actions.  Each
Battloid that ends its turn within 2" of an enemy ship may attempt to
board
the ship.  On a roll of 3 or better on a d6, the Battloid has made it
aboard and can fight as if it was a 4-man boarding Team (MT 7).  If the
Battloid fails the roll, it is assumed that the pilot couldn't find a
large
enough entrance for his mech and must remain outside for the remainder
of
the turn.
Battloids can attempt to destroy any one system on board a ship; The
attacker must roll a d6.  If he rolls lower or equal to  half the amount
of
 Battloids involved in the attack (rounded down), he succeeds, and the
system is downed as if hit by a Needle beam attack.  Battloids
attempting
such an attack cannot otherwise attack during that turn.
	Battloids cannot take over a ship or serve as a prize crew; they
can only attack its crew and systems.  While serving in boarding
actions,
Battloids do not  expend endurance points.
	Defending ships may use their own Mechs for internal defense;
each
group acts as 6 defense factors (with each Battloid operating as a 4-man
defensive team).  A ship can commit all of its mecha groups to internal
defense, but can only move them from the hangar bays to the hallways as
fast as it launch them normally (1 group per turn for normal craft, 2
for
carriers).  However, this does not count against the number of mechs the
ship can launch.  For example, a carrier can launch 2 mecha groups AND
divert two groups to internal defense.

Take care,

Tre

Prev: RE: DSII - Freefall bombs Next: RE: DSII - Freefall bombs