Prev: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust Next: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 09:26:27 -0600
Subject: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

At 23:15 1/10/98, Chad Lubrecht wrote:
>Hi,
>I heard that the Cartoon Network is going to be playing Robotech, and
that

Pity they couldn't just show Macross on its own...

>got me to wondering. Has anyone done a Robotech conversion for Full
>Thrust?

A guy at my gaming store back home wrote up mecha rules for FT. I don't
have them ready at hand, but as I recall mecha just turned into a
different
fighter type... nothing to really distinguish them in combat.

IMO, something as small as mecha wouldn't really make a difference at
the
large scale covered by FT. Possibly the Destroids could be counted as
lots
of little PDAFs (or C batteries if one was being generous.)

A question: what would the transforming cababilities of the SDF Macross
cost? And what effect would they have? If within 1" of an enemy, could
the
humanoid form of the ship attempt a 'boot to the head' maneuver? :)

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust Next: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust