Prev: Read: Roles of various ship classes Next: Re: Roles of various ship classes

Re: Roles of various ship classes

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 20:06:03 +0100
Subject: Re: Roles of various ship classes

Samuel wrote:

> >An additional comment: I tend to lose weapons faster than firecons
(don't
> >ask me why, though), so even when the half the fircons are gone it's
no
big
> >problem. (The big holes in the ships, OTOH...)
>
> Simple probabilities:
> If you have 2 weapons and one firecon, you have twice the probability
> of losing a weapon during a threshold check than of losing a firecon.

Sorry, should've been clearer. I tend to lose weapons _proportionally_
faster (ie, by the time I've lost half of my firecons, I've usually lost
over three-quarters of my weapons...). I'm used to having my ships blown
up
or being defeated because all weapons have been destroyed, but
(excepting
needle beams) the firecons don't die until the third treshold check - if
that :-/

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Read: Roles of various ship classes Next: Re: Roles of various ship classes